26.5.08

happy birthday!



this is a wall hanging that i made for my friend V. she became 3 years old!
i enclosed V’s B.D party invitation card in between clear glasses and weld with color glasses as its frame.

the card was made by V’s mother
H. through the invitation card, i imagined how they might made it together.
H is one of my ideal mother figure. H enjoys being with V and really carefully watches every small step that V makes. it is great to see how they are together.

in my childhood, my mother often baked a strawberry tart on my birthday. she knew i ever liked whipped cream and the strawberry tart with custard was the only i could enjoy from her recipe.
since then, whenever and wherever, i find a strawberry tart, i always remember my mother. i even could recall the image of my mother baking a tart and her baking book with the tart recipe and photos.

i liked V’s invitation card that especially made by H.
hopefully, V keeps my gift safely. someday she pulls it out and flashes back her memory from her 3 years old B.D party.

4 comments:

ola said...

this sounds very honest and i think that such a comment is the biggest gift one can imagine;
and really nice work, almost a cooperation

mika said...

ola! nice comment from you.
thanks for shareing my story.

hannna said...

hei... kiitos Mika. pidän lahjasi tallessa, että se säilyy ehjänä. ja pidän sinun sanasi tallessa myös, ne olivat lahja minulle. kiitos.ありがとう。小さい頃の三佳のイメージもありがとう。

mika said...

oli kivat juhlat! kiitos kutsusta.
私の名前、漢字で覚えてくれていたのね。うれしい!